Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I needed a change...AB Napoleonic British Infantry the 44th(East Essex)

*Please NOTE that I redid the pictures this morning....

     I just finished these guys up a little while ago, I am trying a basing method I used to use for FOW stuff when I collected them, it's called Pumice basing material from vallejo.  The pumice is like a runny paste for lack of a better term, kinda like very wet sand and you put it on with a brush at least I do, it is water based so rinse your brushes out well when you are done.  I kinda get a bunch of the pumise stuff on my brush and put it around the mini's until the base is done.  I then let it dry and paint it with graveyard earth or Vallejo Flat Earth, then flock it and done. I decided to paint them up as the 44th(East Essex) , no reason in particular except I wanted some yellow facings. The flags are off of the internet from war flags I think and they don't appear to be scaling well as they are pixelating Anyway here they are...I noticed after posting that the pictures are blurry, this photographay stuff is going to be the bain of me! I guess I can photograph a tutorial of how I do the pumice basing at some point, would you all like that?










8 comments:

  1. Great looking figures, the flags look excellent too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, thanks for stopping by mate...

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Nice figures, so what is the grey pumice? does it have a texture? or is it just paint? what is the consistence? is it a putty spack filler? or a paint consistence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have been a little more concise on this process, so I tried to explain it a little better editing the original post. I will do a tutorial very soon, hopefully this week.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rodger! much appreciated.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. are you building up the entire brigade for waterloo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um no not really, at least I hadn't thought of it that way. I am just building up my forces to play.

      Cheers

      Delete