Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Saturday, December 17, 2011

New stuff done for my 28mm Imperial Roman Army.

Okay so I have been painting like a mad man lately.  So far I have 6 cohorts of 20 Legionnaires, 1 Auxiliary Foot and 1 Auxiliary Cavalry Painted, also 4 Scorpions(yes the finally arrived), several Optio's and command figures.  For this post I am going to show you the painted, based and ready for the table top.  I still have all the foot troops to base which will be a big task, so I have been putting that off.  For the bases on this army I chose to make it like a semi arid region with little to no greenery.  OK so here goes, these are ALL Warlord Games figures, I hope you enjoy.  as I get the others based I will post them as well as well as some army composite photographs.  Also I have a special treeat in a few days, I review of the Warlord Games Sarmatian Cataphracts. I won't give anything away yet ;)








6 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking additions. They all are beautifully painted and based. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting!! Love the scorpion bases with the stakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting like mad!!? That´s an understatement!! That´s one heck of a lot of lovely looking stands you´ve got there!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice. Are those the new GW tufts of grass? they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea I have been painting like crazy. of that Warlord Games Roman Legion boxed army I have 1 units of Legionaries left to paint and they are on the table now. And yes those are the GW tufts, I really like them more so than others, I think it is the tub they come in, it makes them very convenient to apply to your bases. Thanks gain guys for the kudos.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete