Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Saturday, June 11, 2011

2 New Warlord Games ECW Parliamentary Infantry units done

Well I finally got this bunch finished when doing 2 more Warlord Games ECW Infantry units.  I painted them at the same time, usually I think the quality suffers a bit when doing that due to numbers, but it looks like I may have gotten away with it. They were painted with the base coating, dipping and high lighting method I have discussed before.  The first unit is an unknown Parliamentary Yellowcoat unit which I used the Warlord Games metal command pack and the second is maybe Tiller's Greencoats which I used the stock plastic command group.  Please forgive me if they are not accurate for said unit/units as I only have 1 ECW book that being Osprey Men-at-Arms #14 and the odd magazine and what limited stuff I can find on the web.  So if you know of units that these could pass for on the Parliamentary side please speak up...  So now I have 1 more Infantry unit to build and paint for the Roundheads and then on to Cavalry, Dragoons and Firelocks as well as some artillery for both sides and I am done, for now ....we all know how that goes...;)  The next week or so I am doing some more Jack Scruby 30mm ACW Commission work so that is what is on the table next...enjoy



5 comments:

  1. Excellent. These guys really look the part. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i have to aggree some great painting and very fast to going on here keep it up my friend. PS you'll find that i did comment on the americans below a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys... These are fun to paint but after 5 units it can get a wee bit monotonous. Luckily I only have 1 box of these left to build and paint.

    ReplyDelete