Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Saturday, July 17, 2010

28mm Warlord Games ECW Royalist Dragoons update #1

Well I got kind of burnt out on painting 15mm mini's, so I started working on my English Civil War(ECW) mini's.  I have been putting this off for some time but decided it was either these or my Perry Hussars and given that I have plenty painted in Napoleonics for a while I thought I had better start painting these guys.  Anyway here they are, I have done 3 colors on most of what you see here but I am not seeing the contrast that I would like.  I am using Foundry paints for most all of these guys as I think their paints are brilliant especially for 28mm stuff.  These are the command figures for the unit by the way and come with both mounted and dismounts for the unit.  Note that they can be either painted Royalist or Parliamentarians, I chose the earlier for now and for the 2nd box I have they will be that later So here they are, what do you think so far...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice sculpts - what a deal these plastic sets are. I too have some Perry Hussars to paint. Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea they are nice, although I think the Perry horses are better than the Warlord games horses. To bad the Perry's don't make plastic ECW figs. Good luck with your Hussars...

    ReplyDelete