Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Friday, May 14, 2010

Excitement I did NOT need yesterday!!!

So I was minding my business painting my Polish Lancers and went on the web looking for color plates for them and went to a site that came back from a google search, that when brought up only showed a progress bar and the words "loading".  Now I thought this looked odd and backed out of it but not soon enough I guess, as it put something on my PC like a key logger or something and it copied PW info for all of my accounts that I used that day.  I got a notice from google saying the my account was being accessed from China.  Anyway after running to another PC and trying to change PW info on about 10 accounts, I think I have gotten ahead of them and locked them out. So the PC I was using has been "retired" until I can format it and start fresh and I am using my laptop now.  Anyway here are my Polish Lancers, I still have some more detail work and clean up to do, I hope they turned out ok, I was pretty stressed yesterday trying to fix all of this crap!  I hate hackers!!!  The Morale of THIS story BE CAREFUL out there, you never know what kind of ASS HATS are out there trying to make your life hell!!! Without further ado...  Also I tried to take a little more time with them as this is my favorite unit in the french army...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your troubles
    but those lancers are looking reaL nice, I'm having a wee break and finding if difficult not having a brush in my hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its a pain. I've had my credit card hacked into twice in less than a year. On both occasions they phoned with my personal details to shops concerned. Mind you the bank was pretty quick to identify these transactions and notify me.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea to me being in the IT field it seems like a waste of talent! If they can write the code to do nefarious work like this, why not get a legit career... I just don't get it. Luckily I was able to fix the issues myself, with just letting companies know in case there was anything that happened.

    ReplyDelete