Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Essex 15mm British Highlanders Update #1

Okay so this is my first attempt at doing a tartan and I was trying to mimic the 42nd Highlanders tartan, I do not think I got it, so I am looking for feed back.  For those of you that have done tartan's what process do you use?  So please let me know what you think.  One last thing my camera is proving to not be very useful even when using the macro function, so I apologize in advance for the pictures not being the best.   These are about the best I can get, I expected more from a Nikon L10, but I guess that is what I get for getting a camera that cost well under $100.00.  I have a job interview today, so if I get this job, I will be buying a new camera soon, something like a Canon Rebel XTi or XSi...  I hope... anyway wish me luck on this interview as well... :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking highlanders you have there! Tartans are hard to paint but you seem to have managed the effect alright. How do Essex scale up alongside AB figures? I suspect they would be smaller?

    Keep up the good work

    Regards

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for compliment. I used Gunner's wargaming Highlander tartan's as the model for mine. I found them to be the best I could find on the web. Umm, on all of the Essex I have seen, that the legs are shorter than the Old Glory's I have so I think next to AB they would be midgets! The detail is quite nice but the lower half of them needs an extension...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL..well I'll give them a miss - my 15mm army is composed of mainly Old Glory, AB and Fantassin figures. I wasn't too sure of Essex because the DeepFriedHappyMice site didn't seem to like them.

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are not that bad just smaller than your giant AB mini's... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. try this link your'll find that it covers a whole heap of uniforms and theyare easy to save picture after you've clicked on it then i put them onto a publisher page print them out and make books of them for reference
    http://www.wargames-den.co.uk/15mm-british-peninsular-9-c.asp

    ReplyDelete